WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Sun October 20, 2013
Rhinelander Chamber To Host ACA seminar
The Rhinelander Chamber of Commerce is hosting a seminar Thursday on the Affordable Care Act.
Director Lara Reed says many questions still exist about how the law will affect businesses and individuals...
"....a presentation about some of the basics as far as the exchange goes. Specifically more geared toward those that are individually insured. Those (persons) who don't have insurance through work, a spouse, or someone else...."
Jennifer Cordy, a Benefit Advisor with Boyd Financial Services will give the presentation. Reed says there is no charge for Chamber member businesses and employees, but pre-registration is requested before 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Reed says the presentation is an extension of the on-going Chamber's Lunch and Learn program. Contact the chamber for more information.
Medical bills leading cause of U.S. bankruptcy