WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
Best Showing Since 2004
Mon May 12, 2014
RHS Mock Trial Finishes in Top Ten at Nationals
Rhinelander High School’s mock trial team finished eighth in the nation this weekend. 46 teams competed in the national tournament held in Madison.
Faculty coach Kathy Vick-Martini says it’s the best they’ve done at nationals in a decade. And that’s with seven of the nine members new on the team this year.
Senior members and co-captains Amber Sheth and Lydia O’Brien both earned recognition as “outstanding performers” in attorney roles. Three underclassmen from the Rhinelander team also earned “outstanding performer” recognition in witness roles.
A team from Washington state took home the top prize this year.
Rhinelander won the national title in 1984 and placed second in 2004.
The team has won the state title 17 times.
Skill Building with Mock Trial
Facing Stiff Competition
Seventeenth State Championship
Team Holds Records