WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
Thu May 30, 2013
Science on Tap to Tackle Aquatic Invasives
Invasive species have continued to be a problem here in the Northwoods. Nonnatives like the Eurasian water milfoil can threaten the ecology of lakes and disrupt summer recreation.
Next week the Minocqua Brewing Company will host a public discussion of aquatic invasives. It’s part of a monthly series at the brewpub called Science on Tap. We sat down with the two scientists, Ben Beardmore and Alex Latzka, who will be talking about their research next week.
The discussion will be June 5th at the Minocqua Brewing Company.