WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Social Program Feels the Pinch
Wed November 13, 2013
Sequester Cuts Impacting Meals For Seniors
Much was debated in Congress about mandatory across the board budget cuts called sequestration. The impacts the federal sequester made in areas such as air traffic controllers and military bands were widely reported, but the cuts are having an impact on meals delivered to senior citizens.
Ken Krall talks with Dianne Jacobson, the Director of the Oneida County Department on Aging about tough times for the Senior Nutrition Program.
Oneida County Department on Aging Director Dianne Jacobson. More information is available at the office in Rhinelander.