Adequate sleep is essential to a smoothly functioning brain – and here’s a little-known fact: Your brain is more active when you’re asleep than when you’re awake.
We still don’t know all there is to know about sleep, but in today’s episode of BrainWaves, our monthly commentator Molly Rose Teuke shares some tips on how to get more of it.
Molly Rose Teuke is host of WXPR’s Thursday Midday Classics and a certified brain-based coach and leadership trainer, helping people master the art and science of personal change.
You hear BrainWaves exclusively on WXPR the third Monday of every month.
BrainWaves is written by Molly Rose Teuke and produced by Mackenzie Martin. You can find out more about Molly Rose Teuke at www.mollyrosecoaching.com.
Resources for this episode:
- How Much Sleep Do You Actually Need animation:
- The Snooze Button animation:
- The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time, ©2016 Arianna Huffington
- Take a Nap! Change Your Life ©2006 Sara Mednick with Mark Ehrman
- Sleep cycle tracker for smart phones: www.sleepcycle.com