WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Listening Session In Rhinelander
Sat August 24, 2013
State Legislators To Hear Veteran's Concerns
Three area state legislators are holding a listening session August 28 for area veterans.
State Senator Tom Tiffany, and Representatives Rob Swearingen and Mary Czaja will be holding the meeting along with state Veterans Affairs Secretary John Scocos.
Tiffany says Secretary Scocos agreed to come north again for the session...
"...(the legislators) invited Sec. Scocos to hear from veterans in the Northwoods. There are a lot of veterans here in the the Northwoods. We want to hear the questions and concerns they might have. We want to make sure we are doing all we can to help our veterans out where possible...."
Scocos recently toured Camp American Legion in Lake Tomahawk.
The meeting Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.at the Veterans Center at 1002 Coon Street in Rhinelander.