WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Fourth Annual Event
Tue April 15, 2014
Sustainability Fair to Celebrate Earth Day
Earth Day is April 22nd, and organizers are gearing up for the fourth annual Sustainability Fair in Rhinelander.
Co-chair Ann Eshelman says it’s going to be the biggest one yet, with about 30 exhibitors ranging from green contractors to local farms.
“It’s a wide variety of exhibitors. We have people in the construction business, we have people in the gardening business, we have people in the retail business. And we also have a lot of organizations that are conveying information about their sustainability mission.”
There will also be food, music and a community Hodag-painting activity led by a mural artist Connie Friesan.
Eshelman says the fair aims to connect people with practical approaches to more sustainable living.
“A vast majority of Americans identify as environmentalists. But so few of them have an opportunity to really know what they can do to be more environmentally conscious.”
The free event runs from noon to 6 on Earth Day, April 22nd at ArtStart.
After the fair, there will be an evening discussion at the Hext Theater on sustainability issues.
Environmental and Social Impact
First Show of the Year