WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Tue June 4, 2013
Swisher to Leave School District
The Rhinelander School District is looking for a new Community Education Coordinator. Kim Swisher announced her resignation today. She’s headed to a brand new communications position with the Lac du Flambeau Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
“It was just too exciting to pass up. I have greatly enjoyed my work with the school district and have learned a great deal serving our students and our community. And this was just something too exciting and too much of an opportunity to walk away from.”
Swisher will remain with the school district until June 28th. She says she’s proud of the work she has been part of for the past two years.
“Our weekly e-newsletter the Hodag pride now reaches more than 3800 people. I get good feedback and people are submitting things for the e-newsletter all the time. I think that has really taken off and I’m really proud of the work that has gone into that.”
The incoming School Superintendent in Rhinelander says the Community Education Coordinator position will be posted as soon as possible.
Call to action