WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Mon February 3, 2014
Taste Of Chocolate Friday Evening In Rhinelander
A mid-winter event in downtown Rhinelander that has drawn big crowds happens Friday. The 7th Annual "Taste of Chocolate" gives chocolate fans a chance to sample in various downtown stores. There's also a sizeable prize to be won by a lucky patron.
Downtown Rhinelander, Inc.'s Maggie Steffen says besides being a good time, guests can visit stores they haven't been to...
"....you go up and down the streets...and you think, 'what's the big deal?' but it's fun, the atmosphere, all the people....and then you have all the businesses that participate and have all the chocolate to taste. You get the opportunity to see what truly is downtown and maybe learn something about a business you already knew about but didn't know they did this....."
Last Thursday, Printpak donated $1,000 for the "Golden Ticket". When a visitor purchases tickets at downtown merchants or the DRI offices to participate in the chocolate sampling, they get a chance to win the thousand dollars in downtown bucks, used to purchase goods at thirty different stores.
The event is Friday evening in downtown Rhinelander. More information is on the Downtown Rhinelander, Inc. website.