WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Residents Moving To Friendly Village
Wed January 15, 2014
Taylor Park Rehabilitation In Rhinelander To Close
One of Rhinelander's long time nursing home facilities will close in 2014.
Taylor Park Rehabilitation Administrator John Ley confirmed in an email that the facility will be closing later this year. He says a comprehensive resident relocation plan has been approved by the state. Both Taylor Park and adjacent Friendly Village Nursing and Rehabilitation are owned by Prestige Health Care.
While Ley declined an interview on the topic, his email said the planned closing is in line with with plans to optimize operations at Friendly Village and meeting the needs of Rhinelander and Northwoods residents. He says Friendly Village will be working with Taylor Park to significantly reduce the impacts to affected employees.
Iris House opened Taylor Park in 1982. Petersen Health care of Wisconsin purchased the facility in 1983 and owned it until 2006.