WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Must follow judge's orders
Tue December 10, 2013
Teen Avoids Prison Time In Stabbing Incident
A Lac du Flambeau teen has avoided prison time in connection with the stabbing of his mother's boyfriend.
17 year old Christian Soulier had entered a no contest plea to amended felony charges concerning a January incident at his mother's home in Forest county. He initially had been charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide, but entered into a plea agreement with the state in return to a guilty plea to lesser charges.
Langlade County Judge Fred Kawalsky put Soulier on three year's probation. He was credited with spending 319 days in the Forest county jail. Soulier must also abide with a number of terms outlined by Judge Kawalsky or have his probation revoked.
Had face attempted homicide