WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Had face attempted homicide
Tue September 24, 2013
Teen Pleas To Amended Charge In Stabbing
A Lac du Flambeau teenager has entered a plea to reduced charges concerning the stabbing of his mother's boyfriend.
17 year old Christian Soulier was arrested in January after an incident at his mother's boyfriend's home in Forest county. The victim was said to have been stabbed four times.
In court Tuesday Soulier pled no contest to an amended charge of aggravated battery. Soulier's attorney Suzanne O'Neal said Soulier could be waived back into juvenile court, but she waived that possibility to move forward with the amended charge.
Soulier was facing attempted first degree homicide charges before the charge was amended.
A pre-sentence investigation was ordered which usually takes 45 days and a sentencing date will be determined later.