WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Info session planned in Rhinelander
Wed June 26, 2013
Veterans Get Online Access To Medical Records
Veterans will have access to their medical records and other services around the clock and the VA will be in Rhinelander early next month to explain it.
Sherry Aichner is the MyHealtheVet coordinator for the Oscar G. Johnson VA Medical Center in Iron Mountain.
Aichner says the program gives Internet-connected veterans quick access...
"...the progress notes, anything written in their charts from nutrition, diet, social work, to their physician and nurse will be accessed to them. Their lab reports are also available and those go from the date they have the lab work to years back so they have access to that...X-Rays, pathology reports...."
Aichner says the online service is secure.
Many other services are offered. Staff from Iron Mountain will be in Rhinelander at the Kemp Street facility July 8 and 9 to help veterans with the new program.
More information is online at www.myhealth.va. gov or contact the VA Medical Center in Iron Mountain for more information.