WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Carnivores in the Northwoods
Tue January 7, 2014
Wolves, Cougars and Bears, Oh My
Dave MacFarland is a large carnivore specialist with the Wisconsin DNR. He coordinates the state’s wolf and bear management plan, plus its cougar response team.
He’s also the guest at this week’s Science on Tap discussion at the Minocqua Brewing Company. WXPR’s Natalie Jablonski spoke with him about what carnivore management looks like in the state.
Quota Met in Half the Zones
Wolves and Other Species
Double the 2012 numbers