WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Mon September 23, 2013
World Cafe Next: Ásgeir
Originally published on Tue October 29, 2013 9:16 am
Musically speaking, we travel to Iceland for Monday's installment of World Cafe: Next. Our featured artist is Ásgeir, a 21-year-old singer-songwriter who's on his way to making history. After releasing his debut album (In the Silence) in his homeland last year, the singer has the best-selling and fastest-selling debut album ever in Iceland. In terms of sales, the phenom has surpassed the work of Ásgeir's fellow Icelandic stars Bjork and Sigur Rós.
This episode features two tracks from the English-language version of In the Silence, which comes out in the U.S. on Oct. 29.