WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
Scattered in the region
Fri February 21, 2014
WPS Repairing Power Outages Post Major Storm
Crews were restoring power across parts of the Northwoods Friday after a powerful winter storm cut power to utility customers.
Leah Van Zile from Wisconsin Public Service says scattered power outages happened as soon as the storm hit Thursday evening...
"....we did have outages reported all the way from the Wausau area to up north...Antigo, Minocqua, Crandon, Rhinelander and areas in between. We have seen scattered outages throughout the night. Fortunately it was nothing major. Our crews have been able to quickly respond...."
She says there was no widespread outage, but as the wind picked up, more scattered outages are popping up.
Van Zile offers a reminder to home owners moving snow around...
"....maybe those meters were clear last week...you were able to get out with the nice weather and make sure the piping was clear of snow and ice. But with the heavy snow it might start to build up on those meters...."
More information on the outages is on the WPS website under outages.