WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
Fri June 20, 2014
Yo App Raises $1 Million
Originally published on Fri June 20, 2014 6:29 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer. Yo, Renee.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
WERTHEIMER: There's a new phone app. It's called Yo. It allows you to chat to a friend but the only word you can use is yo. That's literally all Yo does. But it's raised a million dollars from investors. They buy the hype from the App Store description which says, Yo is everything and anything. It all depends on you, the recipient and the time of the yo. OK, it's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.