WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Live from the White Pine
Welcome to Live from the White Pine, WXPR studio sessions celebrating creativity in the Northwoods.
WXPR’s new downtown Rhinelander studios become the perfect venue for intimate concerts and in-depth conversations with musical ensembles, authors, poets, dynamic artists of many varieties. The common attribute is auditory creativity, an engaging and treasured commodity to the WXPR public radio audience.
The artists featured in this new series will complement WXPR’s rich array of programming – Midday Classics, Your Favorites, Northwoods Café, Blues Friday, Polka, Bluegrass Saturday, Country Legends, Sunday Jazz and Classics By Request.
It is our pleasure to unite the WXPR listening community around live performances and personal opportunities to enjoy spoken and musical arts. Arts, Intellect, Public Radio – together in the perfect studio performance setting creating live events, on-air broadcasts, and recorded media for web and future applications.
Want to join in? You can start right here with the performance application.
The WXPR Community - listening, creating, supporting artistry in the Northwoods.