WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
9th Pond Hockey Tourney
Thu February 6, 2014
2,300 Participants Expected This Weekend in Eagle River
An event that began with a few teams has grown to one of the larger events in Eagle River each winter.
For the ninth consecutive year, the LaBatt Blue USAdult Hockey Pond National Championships will be held this weekend on Dollar Lake.
Revisiting hockey games of old, the lake ice is cleared to form rinks. The first event was held in 2006 and included 40 teams and 240 players. This year 33 teams with more than 2300 participants are set to appear. 30 different states will be represented.