WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Around the Nation
Fri April 25, 2014
Calif. Politician Disputes Misdemeanor Charges
Originally published on Fri April 25, 2014 7:09 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
A California politician is defending himself against misdemeanor charges. But his defense is nearly as awkward as the charge. Santa Rosa Supervisor Efren Carrillo is accused of being a peeping Tom. Mr. Carrillo admits that, yes, he made a late night visit to a neighbor. And yes, it's true he was wearing only socks and underwear at the time. But he says he was not looking in windows. The supervisor says he was merely drunk.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.