WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Late July election likely
Tue June 10, 2014
Crandon Mayor Likely To Face Recall Election
210 signatures have been gotten to recall Crandon's mayor Rob Jaeger.
A petition effort was begun by organizer Larry Alsteen who feels Jaeger is not running an open government in Crandon.
Jaeger has 10 days to review the petition and file a challenge.
City Clerk Treasurer Cindy Bradley says the matter will go to the city council, but if the petition is not successfully challenged, a recall election will take place sometime in either late July or early August.