WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Last of seven meetings since March
Fri July 19, 2013
Deer Trustee Report Meeting In Stevens Point Saturday
The final Deer Trustee implementation meeting is set for Saturday in Stevens Point and the public is invited to attend. There have been six prior meetings working toward an action plan for 2014's deer season.
The DNR's report coordinator Eric Lobner outlines what the final meeting will do...
"...basically taking the recommendations from the Deer Trustee Report and converting them to action on the ground....proposals the (DNR) will use to write the rules for the 2014 deer season..."
The meeting will summarize what action proposals have been put together at prior meetings.
The meeting is set for the Dreyfus Center on Reserve Street at UW-Stevens Point. Lobner says the session will run from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. then participants will take questions from the public at 2:00 p.m. The public can sit in on the sessions.
Lobner says if people can't attend there will be a webcast and more information is on the DNR's website.