WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
Lake regulations on cellphone
Sat September 7, 2013
DNR Mobile Phone Link For Anglers
Anglers with mobile phones can grab information on inland fishing lake regulations.
The DNR is out with a new mobile-friendly website.
Fisheries biologist Joanna Griffin says the DNR completed an inland lake regulation database. With a little tweeking, the database was setup for portable phone use...
"....just recently we released a new link that can actually detect whether you're on a mobile device or not. You can use it to search for particular waters by lake or county...if you have your GPS enabled, it will also tell you the five closest lakes to you at that moment...."
The searchable guide to fishing regulations is on the DNR website under "Weekly News".
The one problem could be a lack of cell tower coverage in the remotest lakes in the Northwoods says Griffin.