WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Tue April 9, 2013
Grimey's Records On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed April 10, 2013 10:44 am
In an attempt to discover the best new local music in Nashville, we headed to Grimey's Records, the mecca for indie music in town. It was opened by Mike Grimes in 1999, who also manages The Basement, the club in Grimey's basement. And the institution is still growing, recently opening a satellite store next to its already expanded store.
In this segment, co-founder Doyle Davis (who also hosts a local music show, "The Indie Underground Hour" on local station Lightning 100) picks his five best local bands.