WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Immersed in Music
Thu June 12, 2014
How to Be A Jazz Musician
Last month a group of jazz musicians from all over the country gathered for a long weekend outside of Rhinelander. Eight of them were professional musicians, and a dozen of them were students…at Holiday Acres’ annual Northwoods Jazz Camp.
WXPR’s Natalie Jablonski went to talk with some of the teachers and students…and came away with a few tips on how to learn to be a jazz musician.
You heard from instructors Kim Richmond, John Harmon, Clay Jenkins and Scott Whitfield. And students Connie Fellman and Joe Swierczek.
Mix of Jazz, Blues and Swing
State Poet Laureate