WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
Early Thursday morning
Fri August 2, 2013
Name Of Vilas County Traffic Victim Released
Vilas county authorities have released the name of the man who died in a crash early Thursday morning in the town of Manitowish Waters.
20 year old Ezekiel Jonas of Manitowish Waters was killed in the single-vehicle wreck.
The crash happened near the intersection of Alder Lkae Road and Powell Road. When emergency responders arrived, they found a pickup truck had struck a tree. officials used a metal-cutting tool to pull the truck's driver from the vehicle. The driver was alone in the vehicle.
The Vilas County Coroner's Office pronounced Jonas dead at 2:15 a.m.
The Vilas County Sheriff's and Coroner's offices cited alcohol and excessive speed as potential factors in the mishap. The crash remains under investigation.