WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Monday Morning Blaze
Wed February 5, 2014
Officials ID Fire Victim
A victim in a fatal fire earlier this week has been identified by forensic autopsy as 24-year-old Seth J. Fehr of Tomahawk.
The Oneida County Sheriff's Department responded to the call early Monday morning. The residence at 3892 Woodland Trail in Cassian was completely in flames when firefighters arrived.
Three others escaped from the house. One was flown to a Madison burn center for treatment.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation by the State Fire Marshal, Town of Cassian Fire Department, the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office and Medical Examiner’s Office.