WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Deadline Fast Approaching
Mon April 14, 2014
Post Office Prepares For Last Minute Tax Filing Rush
Tuesday is tax day. You have until midnight to mail your tax return or file it online.
The Rhinelander Post Office has double staff on hand to handle the volume of customers.
Rhinelander Acting Postmaster Joelle Nelson says there’s an automated postal center that should help with the high traffic.
“Which allows customers to mail products 24 hours a day. I will actually be at that center tomorrow, trying to help customers fill out forms, make it as easy as we can.”
Nelson says at tax time postal workers see an especially high volume of certified mail that requires a signature upon delivery.
The post office will close at 5:30 as usual, but the automated station remains open 24 hours.
Big changes in 2014
Bustling Time of Year