WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Ten Years Later
Mon October 28, 2013
Remembering the Crandon Mine Proposal
Today marks 10 years since two Native tribes purchased land that was once slated for a copper and zinc mine near the Mole Lake Sokaogon Reservation.
That tribe and Forest County Potawatomi bought the land for more than 16 million dollars.
WXPR’s Natalie Jablonski went to a celebration this weekend marking the anniversary…and she sat down with some of the tribal activists from Mole Lake.
Hear from Fred Ackley Jr.:
Hear from Francis Van Zile:
Looking Back on a Mine Controversy
International travel a focus