WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Tribe Celebrates Return of Strawberry Island
- Black Ash Baskets: Weaving Resistance to Invasive Species
Tue January 14, 2014
Three Victims In Fatal Oneida Co. Crash Identified
A Minocqua propane truck driver and two young women died in a two-vehicle wreck on slippery U.S. 51 in the town of Cassian Tuesday afternoon.
Killed in the crash was propane truck driver, 22 year old Jeremy J. Ritchie of Minocqua. Two occupants in the passenger car, Justine Ringberg of Bayfield, Wisconsin and Raquel Nunez of New York city were also killed. Both women also were 22 years of age.
The Oneida County Sheriff's Department reports the southbound car slid out of control and collided with the northbound propane truck driven by Ritchie. The accident happened at the intersection with Fernwood road. Traffic was rerouted into the night as crews worked to remove the propane truck and contents from the right-of-way.
The investigation into the crash is continuing.