WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
Around the Nation
Wed June 11, 2014
Traveler Makes The Best Of Empty Airport
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. When Richard Dunn found himself stuck overnight in the deserted Las Vegas airport, he spent his time making a video-selfie, lip-syncing Celine Dion's "All By Myself."
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "ALL BY MYSELF")
CELINE DION: (Singing) All by myself...
MONTAGNE: For dolly shots, Dunn taped his iPhone to a wheelchair on a moving walkway. The video ends with a "Flashdance" moment - Dunn arching back over a chair and pouring water on his face. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.