WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
40,000 people expected
Tue September 24, 2013
Volunteers Needed For CranberryFest
Volunteers are the lifeblood of many Northwoods events and Eagle River's main fall event needs some people to step forward.
The 34th Annual CranberryFest is set for the weekend of October 5 and 6 at the Vilas County Fairgrounds in Eagle River.
Chamber of Commerce Events Coordinator Kim Emerson says preparations are moving forward, but they need a few more hands...
"....it takes over 400 volunteers to have CranberryFest be successful. We're looking for people who can help us with setup on Wednesday or Thursday, the day before the event, or during the event on October 5th and 6th..."
Emerson says they need volunteers to help sell cranberries, set up and then clean up after the event and many other tasks. Emerson says training is provided for the jobs. She says contact the Eagle River Chamber if you have an interest in helping out. The chamber has a website which details the event. Crowds are expected to be in the 40,000 range over the weekend.