WXPR's Community Journalists
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- UPDATE: Star Lake Woman Dies After Rescuing Kids From Drowning
- Investigative Film on Penokee Mine Comes to Northern Wisconsin
- Mixing Experiment Helps Remove Ninety Percent of Invasive Smelt From Crystal Lake
- State Limited In Helping Keep Rail In Rural Areas: Secretary
Tue December 3, 2013
Wisconsin Idea: Past and Future
The Wisconsin Idea is a guiding principle of the University of Wisconsin System, that says the university should have an impact in all parts of the state.
Kate VandenBosch is Dean of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences at UW Madison.
She’s also the guest at this month’s informal science discussion series Science on Tap.
She says one goal of her talk is to hear from community members about what role the university should play in the Northwoods.
WXPR’s Natalie Jablonski spoke with VandenBosch about the past, present and future of the Wisconsin Idea.
Where Science Meets Policy
Searching for Sustainability
Shifting Patterns of Development
Making Life Hard for Rainbow Smelt
Bringing a Global Perspective to the Northwoods
Science in the Northwoods